Saturday, June 9, 2012

My beautiful grandaughter...Rowan or she likes to be called Row Row.  Yesterday was her 2nd birthday and today is her sugar infused birthday party....I'm so sorry that I am...

Hmmmm....which direction to go...the story of my life the last eight weeks...to think today June 9th marks exactly eight weeks on the road today!
Once again beautiful symetry at work!!

Oh no!!!
Once again I took a wrong turn..shoulda gone north to Seattle!
Like Bugs Bunny infamously said...."I should have taken a left at Albuquerque"!

Maybe somehow we got transported to Paris!

Got out without losing any money...another first!

Wait a minute...the only two places in the country with gas this expensive were Chicago and California...there aren't any hills in Chicago!
Hmmmm...I am now completely confused!
Better get the map out!

Desert?...thermometer...Baker...my god it's HOT!

Our first view of our beloved Pacific in more than two months...our first stop!
There isn't a more beautiful place to live than here in Southern California!

Ruby discovering a familiar smell...am I home?

Gotta stick my face into the water to tell for sure..
Yep...this is my ocean!

My Mom and Dads house in Rancho Santa Fe...Ruby smelling and remembering, for the first time in eight weeks a  smell she knew from before the trip began!

West to East...South to North...East to West and finally North to South!
HOME!!!!!

Ruru (Row Row's nickname for the Rubes) with her special birthday greeting for her best buddy!!!

Great Grandparents, granddad and sister....
Left to right my Dad..Joe James...my Mom..Rae...yours truly... and in the front row Ruby!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROWAN!...WE LOVE YOU!..........  RUBY AND I ARE REALLY EXCITED TO BE HOME WITH YOU AND ALL OF OUR FAMILY AND FREINDS ONCE AGAIN!!!!

I'm going to continue the blog for a number of weeks to come...there are many things I would have liked to cover, but simply didn't have the time, I'll get into more detail then...also tomorrow I'll show you pictures of Row Row's birthday  party.
I couldn't be more excited to be home for this wonderful occasion!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment