Saturday, May 26, 2012

It is with great sadness that Ruby and I leave the wonderful state of Michigan and all of my (and Ruby's recently aquired) dear friends and most importantly relatives.  My thanks to all of you for your friendship, love and support, now and throughout the years.  I will always carry each and everyone of you in my heart!
A special thanks to my sister and brother in law..Helen and John for sharing their wonderful home in Petoskey with the Rubes and I!  More on John and Helen tomorrow...I'm kinda short on time today...we are leaving the Eastern time zone today and entering the Central...yaaaa!  One more time zone closer to home!
My sincerest apologize to the many friends here whom we simply ran out of time to see...I'll be back (not so sure Ruby will...can't afford her airfare)!....and she misses her buddy Barkley!
Yesterday I had the opportunity to reconnect with one of my all time  favorite people from Western Michigan.  She now lives in Fenton and has a dog by the name of Bailey (who might give Barkley a run for his money as Ruby's boyfriend)!
We spent hours talking about old times and all of the really, really stupid things we did in college...(mom skip this part)...we are lucky we are all still alive!
The next couple of days my friends in Chicago have what should be an amazing and unique time planned for me...so..my entries here may be late like they have been the last couple of days...hey I've gotta have a little time for myself.
So till next time...be good human beings...
Remember Monday is Memorial Day...make it a point to go out your way and thank a current serviceman or servicewoman and veterans and let them know how much you appreciate the sacrifices they have made on our behalf to make the way of life that we enjoy possible...if you have a flag make sure it is proudly displayed this weekend!
See you soon from the Windy City...(one of my favorite cities in the world)!

No comments:

Post a Comment